Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's All For Sales

Hey everyone (all 2 of my loyal readers), sorry I haven't been updating. I've gotten involved in a couple of startups in addition to my 9-5, and working on a short movie, so life's been busy.

I recently read Pyro Marketing, and one thing it kept driving home is that the purpose of advertising and marketing is to generate sales. Some may argue that there's also branding, new product info, etc. , but the reason you're getting people to recognize your brand is so that they'll continue using it. You can extrapolate as to how new product info is directly tied to sales.

I find myself falling victim to coming up with a great idea to occupy mind-space, but later realizing that it doesn't get back to what my core competency should be - generating sales through ad/marketing.

After a campaign, the client wants to see some metrics so they can see what their ROI is. If you want that client to maintain their account with you, start thinking about increasing their ROI and not so much about an idea you think is cool- but won't drive the brand.

I'm going to get back on track and post at least one music and one ad/marketing article per day. I may even play catch up and post a shit ton of articles before the end of the week.

No comments: